Research Output per year
Ruth is a social gerontologist with a background in Public Health, Psychology and Rehabilitation Counselling. She is currently Associate Professor in Disability and Community Inclusion within the College of Nursing and Health Sciences at Flinders University. Ruth is an expert in using qualitative methods to understand older people's experiences of ageing. Her research particularly focuses on late-life transitions, family caregiving and the intersection between disability and ageing. She conducts research which gives voice to underserved groups of older people and which helps to shape practice and policy.
- Older parent caregivers
- People with disabilities who are ageing
- Age-related life transitions
- Care in the community and ageing in place
- Older people's experiences of dementia care
- The role of family and social relationships on experiences of ageing
- Gendered, life-course dimensions of ageing
- Migrant ageing
Current Research Projects:
- "What will happen after I die?": The support needs of ageing parents of adult children with intellectual disability
- The support needs and future care plans of culturally and linguistically diverse ageing parents of adult children with intellectual disability
- End-of-life care needs for older adults with long-standing physical disability
Caring for a family member with intellectual disability into old age: Applying the sociocultural stress and coping model to Italian and Greek migrants in AustraliaWalker, R., Belperio, I., Gordon, S., Hutchinson, C. & Rillotta, F., 18 Feb 2020, In : JOURNAL OF APPLIED RESEARCH IN INTELLECTUAL DISABILITIES. 2020, 1, p. 1-11 11 p.
Research output: Contribution to journal › Article
Developing a new quality of life instrument with older people for economic evaluation: findings from qualitative interviews with older people living in the communityHutchinson, C., Cleland, J., Walker, R., Milte, R., Cameron, I. & Ratcliffe, J., 2019. 1 p.
Research output: Contribution to conference › Paper
Developing a new quality of life instrument with older people for economic evaluation in aged care: Study protocolRatcliffe, J., Cameron, I., Lancsar, E., Walker, R., Milte, R., Hutchinson, C., Swaffer, K. & Parker, S., 1 May 2019, BMJ Open, 9, 5, p. e028647.
Research output: Contribution to specialist publication › Article
Research output: Contribution to conference › Abstract