There have been many historical corneal refractive techniques and procedures developed over the years. From early techniques of radial keratotomy to modern excimer laser techniques, the field of refractive surgery is one of the most rapidly developing in ophthalmology. This review details the historical aspects of the many early techniques up to current techniques used on millions of eyes around the world.
- Epi-laser in situ keratomileusis
- Intrastromal corneal ring segments
- Laser in situ keratomileusis
- Laser subepithelial keratomileusis
- Photorefractive keratectomy
- Radial keratotomy